Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, and DVD on June 12th!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Harry Knowles / Ain’t It Cool News
“This move will kick your ass and you’ll say thank you, may I have another!”
- Carrie Keagan / VH1
For the First Time on 3D, Academy Award® Winner Nicolas Cage Returns in the
Action-Packed Sequel to the Worldwide Box Office Hit Ghost Rider
SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE
The World’s Darkest Hero Rides Again
Unleashed June 12th on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ & DVD – all include UltraViolet™
Culver City, CA (4/9/12) – Academy Award® winner Nicolas Cage (1996, Best Actor in a Leading Role for Leaving Las Vegas) is back as Johnny Blaze in Marvel’s action-packed 3D sequel GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE, unleashed June 12th on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ and DVD – all with UltraViolet™ – from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. In this thrilling follow-up to the worldwide, box-office hit Ghost Rider, the world’s darkest hero takes on the ultimate bad guy: the devil, himself. The sequel is directed by acclaimed action filmmakers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor (Crank series, Gamer), and co-stars Ciarán Hinds (John Carter, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2), Violante Placido (The American), Johnny Whitworth (Limitless, 3:10 to Yuma), Christopher Lambert (Highlander, Mortal Kombat), and Idris Elba (Thor, Takers).
The GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ and DVD releases each include deleted scenes, as well as UltraViolet™, which allows consumers to add the film to their Digital Rights Library, enabling them to download or instantly stream the film. Exclusive to the Blu-ray 3D™ and Blu-ray™ are explosive special features, including a Directors’ Expanded Video Commentary and The Path to Vengeance: Making Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, a six-part documentary that goes behind-the-scenes into how the film was made. In addition, the Blu-ray 3D™ will also include a 3D bonus featurette, Riding Into Another Dimension, which details the creative hurdles and advantages of moving Ghost Rider into the world of 3D filmmaking.
Synopsis: In the successor to the worldwide hit Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, still struggling with his curse as the devil’s bounty hunter, is hiding out in a remote part of Eastern Europe when he is recruited by a secret sect of the church to save a young boy from the devil. At first, Johnny is reluctant to embrace the power of the Ghost Rider, but it is the only way to protect the boy and possibly rid himself of the curse forever.
GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE was written by Scott M. Gimple and Seth Hoffman (TV’s “The Walking Dead”) and David S. Goyer (Batman Begins), based on the Marvel Comic. It was produced by Stefan Brunner, Ashok Amritraj, Michael De Luca, Avi Arad and Ari Arad.
The film has a run time of approximately 95 minutes and has been rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence, some disturbing images, and language.
DVD Bonus Material
· Deleted Scenes
Blu-ray 3D™ and Blu-ray™ Bonus Material
- · Deleted Scenes
- · Directors’ Expanded Video Commentary
- · The Path to Vengeance: Making Ghost Rider: Spirit of VengeanceSix-Part Documentary, Including:
- o Blazing a New Path, a behind-the-scenes look at how the film was made;
- o Patience Is Not a Virtue: Pre-Production, an in-depth look at the challenges the production crew had during pre-productions;
- o We Will Burn This City To Bitter Ashes, allowing for the discovery of the shooting locations in Romania and Eastern Europe;
- o To Hell and Back: Production, a look at the shooting style that directors brought to the film and some of the key stunt sequences;
- o Walking in Both Worlds: Moving into Post-Production, exploring the challenges of completing a film; and
- o The Fires of Hell Will Purify You: Release.
Blu-ray 3D™ Exclusive:
- o 3D Featurette: Riding Into Another Dimension
“Academy Award®” is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.