Animal Planet announces a new show with the Turtleman!

*** Bookmark the Home Page for an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with

the Turtleman himself!! – Coming soon!!! (Updated 11/28) ***

VARMINTS BEWARE…TURTLEMAN IS HERE!

ANIMAL PLANET WADES DEEP INTO THE RURAL BACKWOODS OF KENTUCKY IN “CALL OF THE WILDMAN”

– Legendary Woodsman Is On the Hunt to Save
Critters, Rodents and Aggressive Snapping Turtles Beginning November 6 –

(New York, NY, October 6, 2011) – Another southern animal rescuer? If you think you’ve seen them all, nobody compares to the bare-handed trappin’ approach of Animal Planet’s bluegrass hero “Turtleman.” For the past four decades, Ernie Brown Jr. – aka Turtleman – has been diving into Kentucky’s murkiest ponds in search of an animal capable of biting through bone. Accompanied by his canine companion, Lolly, and armed with backwoods wits as sharp as the steel blade he carries, aptly named “Thunder,” Turtleman has the uncanny ability to catch monster snapping turtles with his bare hands and return them into the wild unscathed. Now, in Animal Planet’s new 12-part, half-hour series, he’ll go toe-to-claw saving Kentucky’s deadliest and feistiest animals in CALL OF THE WILDMAN, premiering on Sunday, November 6, at 10 pm (ET/PT).

As long as anyone can remember, if there’s a critter problem in Kentucky, Turtleman comes to the rescue. Over the years, Ernie has handled just about every species of wild animal those woods have to offer – including raccoons, skunks, snakes, poisonous spiders and possums. An animal lover, native Kentuckian and local celebrity (partly due to a viral YouTube video that has received over 3.4 million views since 2008), he’s earned a living as an animal rescuer for the past 15 years. With a “trademark” celebratory yell following each successful capture, Turtleman safely reintroduces frisky critters to nature using his self-taught trapping style.

“There’s a lot of backwoods people in Kentucky, but nobody any more backwoods than the Turtleman,” says Neal James, Turtleman’s right-hand man whose long-distance phone service qualifies him as Ernie’s secretary. “When Ernie’s trying to save an animal, it’s for the animal’s own good, but most of the time, it creates a situation that’s mano-a-mano.”

Turtleman lives an unbelievable bluegrass lifestyle deep in the Kentucky wilderness without running water and an outhouse for a bathroom. Each week, Neal takes calls from dozens of businesses and home owners stuck with unwanted and potentially deadly pests. No job is too tough or dangerous for Turtleman, and his years of bonding with wild animals allow him to use his animal instincts to save them:

• A farmer’s cows mysteriously are being attacked when cooling off in the stock pond, emerging with missing udders. All signs lead to a group of snapping turtles, and Ernie is happy to jump on the case. The catch – the stock pond is overflowing with cow manure and bacteria. Will Turtleman show no fear, find the hungry turtles and restore peace to the farm?
  • A call from an elderly woman reporting a potentially poisonous snake in her house sends Turtleman on a dangerous hunt. Turtleman must corner and remove the slimy foe with his bare hands, but is he fast enough to capture it without getting bitten?
  • A rabid raccoon overruns a local business and isn’t too happy when Ernie shows up. When backed into a small utility closet, Ernie must wrestle the furry creature with all his might while avoiding its sharp teeth and nails. One bite can send Turtleman to the hospital and put him out of business.

CALL OF THE WILDMAN is produced by Sharp Entertainment for Animal Planet. Matt Sharp is the executive producer for Sharp Entertainment. Dawn Sinsel is executive producer for Animal Planet.

Call of the Wildman Related Articles:

Press Release

Episode Descriptions

Series Description & Bios

141 Comments

• Judy Hoffman says:

What a joke! I have been an advid fan of Animal Planet and I enjoy most of the TV shows that are on. This particular show looks like a waste of time. I cannot believe you are wasting precious TV air. I am very disappointed with this show. What are you thinking?

• Jacob Dudley says:

Its a great show i dont know what your talking about

• Rob Davidson says:

It’s just another phony cable show. In one episode he tells us how there’s only one way in the hole where he’s attempting to catch a snake, but somehow the camera man is facing him in the hole. How does that happen.

• Regina B says:

Dear Rob

They put small micro cameras in small places that the average person can not fit into..They use long poles to place them there..I just recently learned all this because my cousin has a new reality show on animal planet now. His name is Daniel Ross and his show is called Animal Stuffers..

• alice wilson says:

i love the turtle man that is one of the best show i watch on animale planet they have show it more offten take off bigfoot who cares

• Robin says:

I agree with you Alice. Turtleman is entertaining and quite cute! Enjoyable to watch. Plus my sone loves him!!! Yes, let’s take off Bigfoot. They are no closer to discovering one than they were 100 years ago. Which would make “Bigfoot” what? Over 100 years old? And he’s still able to run through the woods? NO SUCH THING AS BIG FOOT PEOPLE. And even if they do find one, then the show will be over because the excitement will end. Duh people.

• knapier says:

i know who would want to see a stupid big foot that isnt even real

• jade says:

EXCUSE ME SO CALLED JUDY YOUR A REAL TRAMP BECAUSE I DOUGHT YOU CAN YOU CAN THAT YOU LITTLE TRAMP I LOVE THAT SHOW! AND I YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST I DON’T KNOW LETS SEE COMMENT ON THIS BECAUSE YOU HATE THIS SHOW AT LEAST HIS IS ON TV AND YOUR NOT!!!!!!!!!!! I DON’T THINK SO CALLED JUDY!!! ):O SO WHY DON’T YOU JUST OH I DON’T KNOW GO TO HELL IF YOU HATE HILL BILLIES!!!!! ):O ITS A GREAT SHOW LIKE FOR REAL!!!!! I’M WITH YOU JACOB

• i dont agree with you this guy got his 2 front teeth knocked out by a chainsaw and he has a really good female dog named lollie and he doesnt even hurts animals exept for mice and his trap for mice is a snake.he is wild and he takes a bath in a barrel outside in the woods.your mean and he doesnt waste any time. hes a good man he catches animals with his bare hands and doesnt hurt them (exept for mice he traps them with a snake)

• Stuart says:

They dont care about what stuck up pepole like you think, thank god. I think your email is a wasted space on are Computers. Maybe all the good things every body els is saying about the show shoud be a clue to you.

• i want to say i love the show and they are so down to earth people that u could ever meet.we just did a show at my coal mines and im here to tell u they are real and just as funny in person.so for u people out there that dislike laughing i dont understand that.

• Christy says:

I look foward to watching him every Sunday evening. He cracks me up, I don’t care what ppl say on here your a caring compassionate person. Keep up the good work. And don’t let any of these low lifes comments bring you down, they need something to make them feel good I guess!?!? Right? LOL…..:)

• judy, if you don,t like it change the channel, here in texas, we love it there is 15 of us city of olney,tx working guys watch this show all the time and we love the turtle man or wildman, he is funny a unique too watch. we look forward too every sunday watching… we are turtle man fans for life…. go get em turtle man, here in texas we have even bigger snapping turtles, come down in texas and try ur luck turtle man… we love ya from texas!!!

• ANNE says:

YOU DONT HAVE TO WATCH IT, DO YA?

• ANNE says:

WE THINK ITS A GREAT SHOW. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HIM EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ERNIE…WE LOVE YA!!!

• Robin says:

Absolutely! Turtleman rocks in our house. We love him. He’s funny, entertaining, sweet, and he loves all animals, just like my family. You go Ernie! Keep saving those animals!

• shelia says:

i love you turtleman,u married i think you are a real man woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hee-haw i lov ethe sound u make

• Melissa G. says:

If you don’t have a solution; don’t be a problem. God bless anyone who is willing to subject themselves to criticism without spreading hatred. Live to fight another day Mr. Turtleman. As for you Jody, just change the channel dear, and have a nice day.

• audrey says:

judy youre crazy this is one of the best shows on APL

• it is so fun to watch its not a waste of time

• lollydoglover123 says:

horselovere10510 ur right i love the show i really like the hog 1 in lousinana and terdelman i love lolly a lot i thank i like her more then u <3 love u lolly dog

• David says:

Judy,
      How can you say that if you haven’t even watched the show!
      This is a great show. Unlike many of their recent shows like Ned Bruha, it is refreshing to finally find an animal rescuer that has a strong personality and who happens to be very funny. In that regard, Turtleman reminds me a lot of Steve Irwin.

• heath leverette says:

U r an idiot ,the show must have enough veiwers or it wouldn’t be on ,so u are a city boy I take it .Maybe u should stick to catching crabs from skanks,and let the tv producers handle the stuff that actually takes brains and carisma something you know nothing about! “douche bag”

• joe smith says:

fuck you! this show is amazing. ayayayayayayay LIVE ACTION!!!

• DENNIS says:

Judy your a retard this show is awesome and very educational bleeeatch!

• Tonya Bourgeois says:

I wold love to see more of the turtlman than i would see swamp people . He’s more better to wacht thean any other
      one on any showes . Well he’s more in helpping the animales
      then any other one i have beenning seen on tv . That’s because you don’t care about the aminales like he dose . They need to do more show with him in it with all of the animal thast he save and care about more . and have a blessed day!!!!!!!!!!!

• horselove10510 ur right the tertleman is asowme and i love lolly i thenk i like lolly more than u tertleman jk but lolly is really cute and my favoret show is the 1 with the hog i love<3 u lolly and the whole tertle team

• exuse me judy but u must b out of ur mind or somthin u dont have eney binsses talken about the show that way if u dontlike the show then y did u post a commet or evev get on the website

• tyler says:

I knew you would make it big turtleman. Good Luck buddy. its alll over now but the moneymaking

• jordan says:

I cant wait to watch this. I have watched the turtle man on youtube for a few years now. I can see this becoming one of my favorite shows. We catch turtles here in Ky to but with jugs you gotta be a wild man to do what he does.

• nameg says:

I do they tooooooooo wooooo

• Joe Joe says:

he not from kentucky ky people not like him he from Indiana a dummy

• Joe says:

he not from kentucky ky people not like him he from Indiana he a dummy

• Tammy says:

We Love the turtle man and hope they keep his show on for ever and FYI yes he is from kentucky. Where are you from Joe or Joe Joe? From reading your message it looks like you are the dummy duhhhhhhhhhhhhh.The turtle man is a kind good hearted man. Dale if just because some one is missing teeth (yes I have all of mine)makes them a redneck of the rednecks I will always choice rednecks over some one who thinks they are better then any one else thats what makes me sick. I LOVE CALL OF THE WILDMAN keep on doing good things Turtle man the world needs more people like you.

• audrey says:

youre so wrong hes awsome

• Jeff Lake says:

I have lived in Ohio,Kentucky and Indiana and there should many more people like him, the might bee a better place for it!

• dale says:

Im a fan of Animal Planet. Just saw previews of your new show Call of the Wildman. I am a native of Eastern Kentucky. It is a place I love and will always call home. The previews look like they take the redneck of the rednecks…people missing teeth and talking as if they have had no education….sad….once again America’s depiction of a BEAUTIFUL state shown to America as an ignorant state. It makes me sick. 48 Hours, American Idol, Animal Planet…..again and again you depict us as a toothless ignorant place. I wont be watching your new show.

• steve flood says:

I disagree with you dale…..ernie brown is the man…..ill bet you don’t like dewey cox either…..

• kurtis says:

stop trying to look so deep into life! The only reason you think that is because your insecure yourself. If you watched the show you would see that the turtleman is a very smart person with a lot of heart and be proud he’s from Kentucky. Life is about enjoying yourself and having fun not judging and being angry. p.s. THE TURTLEMAN RULES!!

• DeltonP says:

So, Dale won’t be watching. And Judy, as others have said, change the channel back when your Bigfoot show is on. It’s your loss, folks. Our family just watched “Call of the Wildman” for the first time today – and we loved it! Turtleman is quite a character – an absolutely fearless fellow with an engaging personality. The few episodes I watched today featured a lot of good country people who reside in the great state of Kentucky, and I’d rather watch them over Kardashians and Jersey Shore idiots anyday! I wish the Turtleman and Neal all the best from myself and all the down-home, college-educated (at least some of us) folks here in south Louisiana.

• steve flood says:

Iv been watching turtleman on youtube for quite some time….ernie brown is seriously my hero…anyone that can get into that merky water and wrestle evil turtles is awesome…only other person that is just as cool is my breadman dewey cox…..rock on ernie!!!!

• roger rose says:

Wow congratulations. I remember back around 2006 we were down there and we went to a chinese restaurant. I was the archaeologist. We went to point pleaseant WV and did the moth man. That yelp of yours, I remember well. I spent the whole week with ya. Once again congrats. If you want to get ahold of me, fel free. roger_14858@stny.r.com

• Jacob Dudley says:

What a a great show keep up the great work i think this show will go far!!!

• Susan says:

Now This man is a real man. I think the show is GREAT and for those of you who have bad comments What degree do you have in Wildlife. And I dont see you on TV
    GOOD LUCK Turtle Man

• Troy and Brandy says:

You made it on TV… Good for you. I enjoyed the show, never forget when you came to Sciencehill and got the turtles from our pond and neighbors pond.. We wish you lots of luck…

• Jess says:

I am from Louisville, KY. When I first saw the previews for this show, I too rolled my eyes and thought, “Great, another poor depiction of Kentucky”. But after watching a few of the first shows, I have to admit that this dude is incredibly impressive.

He has such a big heart, and truly cares about animals. I wish more people had this kind of respect for nature. So, needless to say, I’m a huge fan of the show. Now, I only hope that he gets all kinds of money and starts a wild life preservation charity of some kind.

• jed says:

this is a cool show.when is the next one.

• John Nelson says:

Mr.James and Mr.Ernie Your show gives us a slice of America !
    Far away from wall street and the big city! More like the great outdoors
    And compassion for all animals large and small. I wish all people were more like yourselves!
    Most people would turn a blind eye to the critters you save! Thank you for this great show and much success with it!
    And God Bless
    John

• frank says:

Great show

• This is a GREAT show. My wife is from Kentucky so it has a bit more of a meaning for her, but we both LOVE it.

Critters are everywhere, and here where we now live, the local constabulary is infamous for the use of firearms rather than catch and release them. Shooting is easy. These animals do what comes natural, and as we encroach on their territory more and more, it’s nice to see someone take the effort to capture and then release the animals back into the wild.

Now THAT’s LIVE ACTION!!!!

• Stuart says:

My dad and I love your show, Fun entertainment, We live in the mountains and have all the animals all around are house, I mean right in the front yard, Ocourse my mom donst like them that close. Share your love of wild animals. Be Safe and good luck with the show PS. Freinds dog got skunked, found a Remedy [IT WORKS] (Hydrogen Peroxide, One Bottle) (Baking Soda, 3 Tablespoons) (Don Dish Soap 1 Tablespoon) And mix it up.

• LILYJO RODRIGUEZ says:

HEY TURTLE MAN,I THINK THAT YOU ARE GIFTED AND GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO.I HAD NEVER KNOWN OF ANYONE REALLY HELPING PEOPLE FROM THE HEART THE WAY YOU DO.I REALLY RESPECT THE FACT OF YOU HELPING PEOPLE WITH MONEY OR WITHOUT MONEY.IM GLAD THAT WE STILL HAVE GOOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU AROUND.YOUR GREATEST FAN LILYJO.

• HEY TURTLE MAN,I THINK THAT YOU ARE GIFTED AND GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO.I HAD NEVER KNOWN OF ANYONE REALLY HELPING PEOPLE FROM THE HEART THE WAY YOU DO.I REALLY RESPECT THE FACT OF YOU HELPING PEOPLE WITH MONEY OR WITHOUT MONEY.WOW,THATS AWESOME,NOW AND THESE DAYS PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY DO JUST FOR THE MONEY AND FAME AND YOUR TOTALLY THE OPPOSITE.IM GLAD THAT WE STILL HAVE GOOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU AROUND.(I WISH WE HAD SOMEONE LIKE YOU HERE IN SAN ANTONIO.)GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SHOW AND MAY EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED GO YOUR WAY.GOD BLESS YOU.YOUR GREATEST FAN,LILYJO.

• mike says:

Hey Turtle Man, I`m a big fan and I truly enjoy watching the show. You are fun to watch and you have a lot of guts to do what you do bare handed. Keep up the good work and I`ll be watching your next adventure. Good Luck!!

• David Lewallen says:

Great show. We have several folks in sweetwater Tenn. that cacth turtles by hand. Motivated by their wanting something for lunch. 8 to 10 years ago Heartland series filmed George Moses hand cacthing turtles and catfish by hand. Thes were aired on Knoxville chanel 10 Bill Landry host.I have been with George (Sog) on these trips for catfish. Doing this has its dangers,turtles sometimes back down into the mud head up to feed and anything that is close is food.

• Donald Gaudet says:

To all of the negative people who have posted negative things about this TV show. It is an entertaining show that shows how one man makes a living in todays’s economy. To all of you BIG MOUTH MORONS, GO F??? OFF.

Im fron Louisiana and we love this show and the guy. I’ll bet all of you people would rather watch some ass whole like Chris Rock rag on white people, or better yet most of you probably voted for the Monkey that sites in the white house now, and you all have your head up your rumps.

It is real sad that people take live so seriously. Turtle Man ROCKS. Not to mention he is smarter than all of you because he is on TV and you are NOT. But then again at least he has a job since you all voted for Obama. Just think if you vote him in again you could be catching turtles to. “LIVE ACTION”

• Peppermint Patty says:

I was instantly captivated when I saw this show. He helps people. We need him; the entertainment is icing on the cake. If I had a rattlesnake in my yard and someone could get rid of it, I would not care if they were in a dress suit or ordinary clothes. I would want to get rid of the snake. We are not supposed to judge others more harshly than we would judge ourselves. I can’t wait to see another episode. P.S. This show reminds me of the time I sat down on the toilet and was doing my business when I turned around and saw 2 green tiny eyes looking at me. I screamed and ran out of there. I stuffed all kinds of things under the bathroom door. I called my uncle to get rid of this it. He came in and it was a tree frog. I thought it was a snake with the eyes and all. This little tree frog hopped all over our house for 2 hours before he was shewed outside to hop out the door. We never caught him. Love the show.

• darlene says:

I am the antithesis of a hillbilly (I’m a New Yorker); but I completely love this show! the Turtleman is a hoot and a blast to watch! This is a wholesome show, he doesn’t hurt the animals, and he’s as funny as can be! I say keep it on the air!!!!!

• julian says:

thats me when i get older

• Seena says:

WTF…Jade, you cannot even speak right. Please don’t type until you learn how to speak. There is no need for this hillbilly type show on t.v. Its all they know how to do with their time, is to harm animals because they have no talent elsewhere. Toothless losers.

• Robert Bennen says:

I was enjoying reading throught the comments on the show until I read the one by Seena Says. Who the F??? names a person Seena, or uses the screen name for that matter.

At least the person from Louisiana had enough balls to call it the way he said it. Thank God for people with a sense of humor.

Hey Seena Says: I have advise for you. Go sit on your finger and Blow. ” Live Action “

• Al says:

Great show and I enjoy watching Ernie, he is a prime example that money does not bring happiness to himself and others. Keep up the good work.

• Tom from KY says:

Love the Turtleman, for you haters, dont watch and leave us long haired countryboys alone!

• sue from nj says:

love the turtlman now thats a real man and a heart of gold ps.tom are you really long haired country boy i love it!!!!

• dan dobbin says:

i really enjoy ernie doing his thing helping wild animals to stay out of trouble with humans. go ernie, go, your friend dan

• sadeye says:

I thought it was a great show. I know i laughed a lot, and i would never jump into some of those foul smelling holes he jumped into just to get a turtle. Keep it up turtle man…..great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ruby Covert says:

I live in a wooded area ,and I see these little animals all the time.I love them and I think it is wonderful what he is doing for them,at least he’s not killing them.Love the show,keep up the good job you are doing.

• Cindy Lemm says:

We LOVE this show! I wish there was more merchandise to purchase. The Animal Planet needs to step up the promotions on this show. Anyone who can’t enjoy this show needs to lighten up. Keep up the good work Ernie and company! MN loves you!

• micky says:

What new changes are going at Animal Planet Network? This new show, Turtleman leads me to believe that the producers are more concerned about ratings than promoting humane treatment of animals. I am shocked, upset and disappointed with the raccoon episode. This is not the quality type of show that I had grown to expect from Animal Planet. Turtleman’s methods of animal removal may be less harmful than professional exterminators or animal haters in general but to me, his methods seem archaic. I think our civilization is intellectually and spiritually advanced and people would prefer to watch a show which educates public on how to humanely remove unwanted live animals. Last year, I personally, learned to remove them from attics, you can play music or put a bright light to scare the raccoon out of the forbidden area, even put mothballs which may cause them to leave. In this raccoon episode, instead of grabbing him/her by her tale, and throwing her in a bag, go to Home Depot and purchase a have a heart trap, place it in the area where the raccoon is and lure him/her out with food, then release safely. On another note, using snake to rid of mice does not promote compassion either. IMO Turtleman’s tactics are more like the days of Roman coliseum which unleashed lions were released on the victims confined to the arena. People for the Ethical treatment of animals sell a mice house humane trap must be watched regularly, then mice can be caught and released. Unless your network cares to promote violence, fear and suffering, there is no need to watch a trapped mouse eaten by a released snake.

• Tybo says:

Takes a big pair of nads to do what this man does. Great show, needs to be an hour long.

• shonna_bush says:

hey turtleman i like ur shows thats country i live on a farm in these backwoods of ky i have done some of ur tricks but im afraid of water and i have some turtles in my pond i was just wondering if u could give me a hand in getting them out i have a pond in front of my house and i have kids that could get bit live action hehehehe

• Jesse Jones says:

I have seen wild animals cause extensive damage to themselves as a result of trying to escape a “have a heart trap” after being caught in one. I have also seen (to my horror) a mouse dead in a live trap due to exhaustion from trying to escape it. I feel that it is much more humane, and less stress to the animal, the faster the animals’ catch and release. A wild animals’ biggest fear is to be trapped. The longer it is trapped the more the animal suffers. I feel that The Turtle Mans’ method is as humane as it can get. He clearly has the best interest of the animals in mind. Why haven’t I heard a jab on Animal Planet for how the ASPCA catches stay dogs when they catch them with the pole? What’s the difference? Obviously the ASPCA uses the most humane methods as well. Maybe some people can not afford to continually play music or light up their attic. And mothballs don’t work.
    I love The Turtle Man!

• Sue Faulk says:

I like this show, Mr. Brown is kind and considerate of the animals that need to be caught and released. What worries me most is when he jumps into a green slime covered pond , with no eye protection or ear plugs to protect him from all the bacteria that is in the water. He is doing a good thing for all the population that needs his services , Ijust wish that he would carry more protection than his trusty Thunder knife, and his friend Neal, and Lolly. He needs to stay healthy ,for we need The Turtle Man to stay on a long time . He is to be compaired to Steve Irwin , both are and were great givers to mankind and animalkind.

• alyssa says:

Love the show!

• we love the turtle man from texas look forward too watching ya from olney,tx.. you go turtle man… we have bigger snapping turtles in texas come down in the summer and try your luck….

• ANNE says:

hOW OLD IS TURTLE MAN? ….ANYONE KNOW?

• Dee says:

I love watching animal planet. I just so happened to turn the channel on while Call of the Wildman was on. I watched one episode after the other. I find him to be funny, knowledgeable, and very unique. His partner is funny too. Every time Ernie let’s out one of his excited chants I start laughing. I’m a big FAN! My hubby likes the show too.

• Jeff says:

This is they best show on tv. We love it here in Georgia. Its alot better than any fake reality tv shows. Keep up the good work turtle man ye,ye,ye,ye,ye,live action

• l chavez says:

I love the turtle man,He is trully a compassionate man trying save the critters that people think cause a great deal of nusiance..He trully saves them from being shot or trapped in a most inhumane way…I have been rescueing animals like dogs and cats for years…He is my hero…you go turtle man!!! I lov ya here in Ohio!!!

• J D says:

I love the “Call of the Wildman”, the turtle man is awesome. He is real and that makes it even better. Im from So. California and we would have him here anytime!!!! Live Action!

• Kristin says:

I need turtlemans help..A pond is infested with Beavers and we have tried everything possible to reloacte them..Please we need his help.

• Kristin says:

I need turtlemans help..A pond is infested with Beavers and we have tried everything possible to relocate them..Please we need his help.

• jmcmanama@wkybb.net says:

Where in ky is he from? Looks like Hazzard. What a great show.
    Always relocates the animals if he can. Great series. I am from Ky. Farm community.

• frank says:

Ithink it is a real good show me and my family love to watch it every week We really like the show

• Sue Price says:

TurtleMan!! U r a perfect example of a
    REAL MAN! Brave, Well Mannered
    Gentleman, that I would love to meet!!
    And learn the call! U r show is genuine
    t.v. If u would like to visit Illinois sometime
    I would b truly honored to host u & the crew!
    Don’t worry I have never been to Kentucky!
    Please Mr. Ernie Brown could u please teach
    me your call?? Wish u safety and the best
    of luck. Always watching!

• Tim Gran says:

I enjoy watching the turtle man doing his stuff to save these nice animals.I hope they can keep this show on the Animal planet.I am tired of of trying to find somthing good to watch on tv. When I find a good program like this it seems they take it off or chang it for somthing it should not be.I like to take some time and thank the turtle man for his show and wish him a lot of good luck.

• Sammi says:

Oh my! I absolutely love this show! I cannot wait until the next season! I watched the entire season on Christmas Day! I had no idea there are men like The Turtleman! His yell that he does is amazing. I’ve tried imitating it but sadly I can’t do it like he does. And his phrase ” Now That’s LIVE ACTION” ugh. I love it. I love everything about this show! Ernie, you’re amazing! And Neal, you are definitely his secretary! I love you both! Keep up the great work! I hope to see another season! :)

• Sammi says:

Oh! And my mom is in love with you! Her family is originally from Scottsville, Kentucky.

• bob says:

wow i watch your shows and im like how does he do it and i would be happy if u could come over my house to have some fun with my kid. so if you could come by and teach him and me how to catch some but i wont let him try untill he is older soo if you could come by i live in new jersey and i live at sommerset nj 56 marcey street hope to seee you in the summer your frien bob

• brad clemmer says:

You rock I’m from the springfield MO and liveing in the ozarks rocky mounts you no we got all kinds of wild animals up in are homes down hear I cood only hope the world can see your the man for the job I love your show plz stay on tv your the best

• Amy says:

I love the show and think Turtle man is awesome. So are his friends. Hope you visit Oklahoma Turtle man.

• mike says:

good show ernie!!! yeeeee yeeeee yeeeeee thats live action!!!!!

• crystal williams says:

i love it! id like to go meet him! a good show at least it dont have sex and violence in it like everything else! just a honest to goodness show! live action!!!!

• elizabeth s. says:

i love u are awsome i am 11years old and i wach ur vidios all the time i wish i could call u and tell u how much i love u

• Patricia Strohm says:

Can’t wait for season 2. We love watching Call of the wildman. You are awesome. So when is season 2 start. Soon we all hope.

• Della Abarbanel says:

I need your your help Wildman!. I beat cancer but I can’t beat a possum. He took my walking stick and threw it in the yard. Then I went after him with my mop and he drug it up under the porch, made ugly faces at me and hissed. He scared me but I know he won’t scare the Turtleman. Come on down, catch a possum and we’ll treat you to some Southern Hospitality. You can come and tell us stories of your captures. If you want to get froggy, you can catch the 3 snakes that are up under the house, too. they like to hang out by he dryer vent. Always your biggest fan, Della

• bonnie says:

turtle man i love watching your show im not far from ky i can stand on tn side and ky at the same time i saw a blding in your show my mom has prop.now its just a old bld.i have 15.some acers around daniel boon nat. forest and one of the blding look like a photo i have when she was little it used to be a store when i moved here in 1996 i camped there the only thing we saw was bear and lots snakes and i cant beleave u dont have a girl frend let me tell u baby you might be in the back woods but that shouldent stop u dont stop trying we all need love or just some one to talk to have a good day and be safe

i got off moms pro.

her pro. is at claycount and when i bild a home on it there

is bears ,snakes ect hopy u can help me at that time and the

people who dont like your show they can watch some elce also

one of your fans

• sandy says:

HEY, Is call of the wildman coming back on as a series..
    haven’t seen it latly…

• terry says:

this show is great i cant wait for it to come back on !! saywhat you want but he is amazing real unlike that asshole billy turtle man rocks and i look forward to watching his show and this is one of the few shows i allow my kids to watch !!! good family programming. and yes i have gotten my entire family aunt uncles nieces nephews all hooked on this show !!!

• marilyn says:

The only thing I don’t like is the show comes on sunday at 10.00.I was hopping,the show would come its regular time.Thursdays.The turtleman is great an he really seams to know what he is doing.It’s very intertaining,an I really like the show.

• Debby Polly says:

Have a question from Feb 27 show–what did Turtle Man say is the back woods way to catch a rat/mouse/rodent? I didn’t catch all he said.
    Please send me a reply–have problems with them, but do not live near him. Thank you and my 85 year old Mother thanks you.
    D Polly

• BarbraJean says:

I think that Turtle Man is a neat guy and goes through life following his heart, trying to do the right thing while helping others. He’s a kind and generous soul who I wish I could meet. I wonder if he has ever been married, has any children or has a special lady in his life. I think his values and the way he thinks about things is special and that people can learn a lot from him. I think he would be a fantastic father. I do wish that he would find safer ways to get this little creatures that are hissing and spitting into a bag or cage to relocate them. Just one bad bite and it’s back to the doc for a round of shots for rabies &/or distemper. And that’s no fun!

• My family founded a baby turtl but it got hite by a car but he is ok.

• Oreally_now says:

The “WILDMAN” has become a weekly #1 show that we watch. He also is a comedian and is very entertaining to watch while his friends sit back and tell the audience what he doing. I’m looking forward to the new season.

• Sherri says:

I love Turtleman! He’s cute too! Yeyeyeye live action baby! :)

• eric says:

best show ever

• HEATHER RODRIGUEZ says:

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO NEED A FAMILY OF SKUNKS REMOVED PLZ EMAIL ME BACK WITH A SERVICE PHONE NUMBER PLZ IN NEED OF TURTLE MANS SEVRICES TY

• Jeff Lake says:

I used to live on the Ohio river in a small town called Beauna Vista,Ohio it was a beautiful small town with a population of a few 100 good souls. I heard of the Turtle Man about 6 months before I felt for southern Indiana. I still have plenty of family that live Beauna and Portsmouth Ohio. If any one sees this can you please send me his address.

• Pat says:

I really enjoy this show.I like the fact that Mr. Ernie treats the animals humanely and seems to charge his clients whatever they can afford to give him.I also like his country, good ole boy demeanor.

• Kristen says:

My Little Brother Enjoys Watching Your Show His 6 Years Old His Names Christain & He Loves Live Action Always Asking When Turtle Man Will Show (:

• john says:

wildman i just watched your show where you caught the coyote and i lost a great deal of respect for you when you let him hang by his tail now dont get me wrong im not a animal rights freak but what i seen was wrong that could have caused a severe injury to that animal

• Irene Riggs says:

Many people think of wild animals as vermin and pests that need to be poisoned or bludgeoned.
    The wild man is helping people to see them with respect and value. And his catch and relocation of the animals provides a solution to the problem of those animals that find their way into our environment. This is a growing problem as people encroach more and more into areas these creatures call home. Thank you, turtle man.

• Christa says:

I just watched the call of the wildman last night. I think they should give that Farmer Mike a show of his own. He looked just as wild as the Pony hahah. What a great show. Really like to see more of that Farmer Mike. Make a show about Farmers an what they go threw on a daily basis . Go TurtleMan & Neal We Love ya’ll Great show. Lots and Lots Of family and friends watch this show. Keep it rolling.

• cajunpits says:

I just watched a completly phony an staged show where Ernie goes out an catches a damn pony,…come on thats phony phony that you Ernie can catch a wild pony halter break an teach it to lead an trailer train in a matter of mins.well there is an old saying about you can fool some of there people ….well you ppl know the rest an you were fooled

• MY UNCKOL HAS A BIG TURTLE IN HIS POND
    NASEY KTUKY BUNTINLAN ADRSS IS 227

• Kori says:

oh My God ARE YOU KIDINGING IT JUST CAME ON AND IM GOING INSANE I LOVE TURTLE MAN I TRY TO WATCH ALL THE EPISODES BUT I CANT AND ALL OF YOU PEOPLES WHO DONT LIKE TURTLEMAN ARE INSANE.
    YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE I TELL YOU INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITHOUT WATCHING TURTLEMAN!!!!!!!!!!
    SURE HE CAN DO SOME CRAZY STUFF BUT THAT JUST MAKES HIM TALENTED.
    IM SAYING THIS AND IM UNDER 15.

• tammy says:

I volunteer at an wild life animal rescue catch and release place. The last thing they try to do while catching an animal is scream at it and chase it. Poor animals. Who grabs a poor dog by its tail and swings it around???? He needs to save up money buy a trapping cage and catch these animals humanely.

• Elmo says:

Talk about shows that are a waste of time, how about all those amature sit-coms! 2 and a half men should be renamed 2-1/2 morons! What drek! And, there’s tons of others like those dim bulbs the kardasiains or whatever. Weren’t they aliens on Star Trek or something???? Now that’s drek!

• H.E. says:

I love The Turttle Man and “Thunder” and don’t forget his side kick Neal. The show is a great source of entertainment. I get a kick out of what he receives for a job well done. i.e eggs, chicken, honorary memeberships to various places.

• jacoob brown says:

hey I seen 1 of yer shows last night it was awesome

• dan noon says:

will there be a 3rd season of call of the wildman does anyone know?

• Eduardo says:

YEYEYEYEYEYEYDYEYEYEEE LIVE ACTION!! Haha love this show

• Lew says:

Lew says, Turtleman great show, take care of your best friend Lollie!; because she will
    take care of you. I know, I have had three of my own.

• Autumn Andreis says:

My 3 year ol loves this how so much his 4th birthday is TURTLEMAN lol. I can not wait til hes back on TV because my son asks all the time. If you have nothing nice to say, stay of the damn site. We look so forward to next season thanks turtleman

• jd says:

turte man you are my horo I have sean all of your show’s I want to be lick you win I grow up your ASOME.

• Ken says:

I dont understand how swinging animals around by their tails, throwing them into a bag and “tornadoing” them is better than a live trap? Not to mention the stress that animal must be going through with him chasing them and tackling them.
    Which he makes even worse by trying to make it more dramatic for TV, which he way over does.

I like most of animal planet shows but i cant stand to even hear the commercials of this show let alone the show itself….
    And the bigfoot show…

what the hell is this world comming to…

• Cheryl Halll says:

My Daughter and I love to watch the Turteman at least he doesn’t harm the animals and he and his team are real people not fake .So keep on doing a Great job Turtleman cause there are people out there that like you and your team!

• brent hayes says:

they need to take looking for bigfoot off.if there was a bigfoot the government could take a helicopter with heat tetection and find such an animal that walks at night ,if there is such a thing.if I ever saw a creature I would chace it down with my camera and talk to it.then ill have proof or not.